Thursday, March 24, 2005

a sweet web-site to check-out

I feel like I'm the only one posting these last few days. Maybe that tells me I have too much time on my hands while I'm on campus.
Anyhow, I found this awesome web-site: www.newdream.org it deals with living a healthy, ecological lifestyle--with good cleaning, buying, recycling, etc. tips. It's really cool.

Here are some links:

Here is a section of the web-site where you can choose a company from the list and get a synopsis of their business/environmental ethics.

Also, here is another section listing the top 21 or so things americans can buy fair trade/organic/etc that will make the biggest difference (compared to buying other things fairly).

I just thought it was a really informative and cool site that is great for searching when free time comes around.

Ciao!

4 comments:

c-unitsdaddy said...

sarah jane
insane her brain
a fly dame

There's my haiku for you!

Anyway, luvwhat you're doin'. I'm going to do a unit o sweatshop labor with my spanish ones when we get back. Would there be anyway I can order plain shirts (like the ones you sold at YE) from you??? 50?????? Let me know.
Jefe

sarahjane said...

Yeah. I actually ordered them from American Apparel, but I have a friend who has a wholesale license for his printing business who gets a wholesale price for those he prints for. Let me ask him what he could do about getting you 50 shirts (i'm not sure what he charges without printing).

thanks for the haiku. lovely. really.

Bill said...

Sarah, how do I know if I am wearing a sweat free shirt? Does that mean I do not sweat in it?

W

Bill said...

Sarah, how do I know if I am wearing a sweat free shirt? Does that mean I do not sweat in it?

W