Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Confessions of a Jr. High Bible Teacher

A few night ago as I lay in bed, a steady stream of confessions danced through my head. Alas, I felt the need to deal publicly with one of those often overlooked sins that I think has kept many of us a little green...yes, I'm speaking of envy. So with that, I publicly offer up my list of things that have always made me a tad bit jealous (ask someone if you don't get some of them)...

Here we go... I'll start with the Lampi's pool on School Street. On hot, humid Michigan summer days how I longed to sit in the shallow end and wade it the crisp clorine. I'll not even begin to talk about my swimming ability vs. theirs. Just throw me my water wings! Then there's Wes' stuffed animal collection. Just how many did he really rack up in those few years? And that Cabbage Patch doll..errr...Brett I think he was. I'd given anything for just one hour of quality time. Next, Dad's fat wad of company cash sitting on his dresser. Why's he got all them 50's anyways? I never took a one of them, but I know a change snatcher (AMG) that did. Does he really only deal with Solvay? Then there's my Uncle Jim's old black Porche. I think he Zack and I once topped 100mph on a country road outside of Franklin, TN. How about Chris Tait during our QT's at Summer in the Son? Talk about jealous. The rest of us where trying to press in while baking in the Kentucky heat and all the while he was sipping cold cokes at Micky-D's. How'd he pull that off? Next, STEVE. Enough said (what can't he do?)

For the sake of time and space I'll now throw out some quickies with no explanation...Dave Ford's behind the back grabs at Hardy Hartland, Darren on base percentage (.988)last I checked, people that got to go on the BCC canoe trip, the DJ from Stax o' Wax, Jeff's skin, Joel and Anna's art, Chad Cooper's flat top, Ben's swirl, Micah Richardson's pager, Wes' imaginary friends (gosh I'd just like 1 of those guys), Tracy Tooley's curls (party in the back), Norm's career wins (got to be in the 500 club while I've only got 18), my dad's body surfing ability (better than Mark?), the Karabelski's nana and papa, Andrew's hermit crab, Ben's tourquoise and black high tops, and Ricky Monroe's half-pipe.

That's just shooting from the hip as the conviction flows. If by reading this public confession you are prompted to add any confessions feel free to comment. Alas, I feel so much better. Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

wes gaines said...

krausman's turtle pond, mouser's basement basketball court, i'm pretty sure if I could have had Brian Karabelski's slap shot and Brad's skates there wouldn't have been an NHL lockout, a few more:
randy melanson's cd collection, eric franklin's sound guy skills, bob kesee's voice,
dan kelbert's hammer (1, 2, done), finally Jeff's Rulez:

1. NO HOMEWORK
2. NO PARENTS
3. MUSIC TURNED UP LOUD
4. MUST PARTY!!!!!!!!!!

sarahjane said...

you guys crack me up. i can just see you pining in bed at night, thinking how you can get those things. wes told me that randy melanson's cd collection was always "overwhelming". i can just see you walking into the room with all the music, literally getting stressed out just looking at it.

c-unitsdaddy said...

Yeah...too bad Randy threw away all those sweet CDs. Gosh!