Friday, March 11, 2005

PLEASE PRAY FOR LITTLE MAN

So, after spending the night in the emergency room with wife and child who has had big issues breathing and been diagnosed with upper airway disease (a precursor to Asthma)...I'm spent. If you haven't already known (sorry for not doing this previously) the little man has been through the ringer; over-nite hospital visits, annoying breathing treatments, you name it. Wes, Leeen and Bill can relate. It sucks! It kills me seeing Caleb struggle for breaths when he gets sick or is triggered by some unknown allergy. That's why I'm using some BLOG power (thanks Wes) and asking my family to lift the little man up. If you could be where I'm at right now, in Shooter's room on Norm and Deb's computer (here in Brighton cause painters have usurped our home in EL to paint the basement and the fumes are in obvious issue), you see an emotionally drained Steph, and myself, struggling to lead. Apologies for sounding too dramatic, but I'm keepin it real and honest. Yeah, God is so good. And he's (Caleb) so much better off than so many, as we are also. But, I still want to with all my heart to just have "the elders lay hands on him" as God calls us. So here I am. This big family we have together is the one Steph and I depend on, to raise up our ninos, vice versa. I don't care how many miles away everyone is; YOU are his spiritual leaders. Thanks guys. We love you, and can't wait to be out there soon. Just one of them days, you know? But it's ironic that when you feel so empty and far, on the edge, you feel right there on the brink of an amazing change or answer. And isn't it interesting that our Pediatrician has told us that this little guy is made for warm climates???? May be I'll run that by him today when we head back there for another appointment...Just to confirm, right?...Huh...I know...I shouldn't USE him as the answer, right? Whatever, if that's not legit....then I'm too legit to quick. Good way to wrap up with sum Hammertime...We Gots to pray just to make it today...Pray for Caleb today! See you soon West Coast Gang. Jeff xoxoStephxoxoxCalebxoxox

5 comments:

Abigail said...

Jeff and Steph,

Can't imagine the frustration, exhaustion (physical/emotional/spiritual), and anxiety. You know we'll be lifting all 3 of you up and pray for the "kingdom come" in your lives and in Caleb's lungs. You guys are so strong. I admire that! Lots of West Coast love and prayers!!

wes gaines said...

we're on it! thanks for sharing your feelings, let us know how else we can help. We love Caleb and both of you, and want to be available at any cost.

wes and sarah

lena jo said...

It has been said that prayer is the language of need. Caleb needs to be well- hear our prayer oh Lord.

Bill said...

Jeff and Steph, thank you for allowing us to pray for Caleb and yourselves. It is an honor. Keep us updated. Hope to see you all at YE (if you can make it).

Ben and Becky said...

Jeff, Steph and Caleb,
You are in our Prayers, let us know what we can do for you. May God bless you three, may he give you strength and be with Caleb. May he give you rest and touch Calebs lungs with his healing hand. God Bless
ben and Becky