Friday, March 18, 2005

Rules for Living Revisited

I've been thinking about the article Wes mentioned from Relevant magazine- haven't had a chance to see the article, but from the article Wes threw out for thought the concept of a Rule for life ( was that the phrase?) anyway, something that governs how we live, how we conduct our lives. As I was reading Luke 1 from the New Living Translation, a verse jumped out at me. In response to the angel Gabriel's announcement, Mary says, "I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants." v.38 I'm not there yet, but that's where I want to be. If I truly come to see myself as a servant, then the focus is off me and if I truly believe that he is a good God then I can accept whatever he wants for me.

1 comment:

Bill said...

For me -> Psalm 27:4.