Monday, March 21, 2005

I got your back Pam!

If you would have seen it from across the sanctuary I'm sure you would have seen the fear in a Pam Franklin's eyes. I mean, here she was, finally reaching out and saying hello to Andrew (the first time on record) Her freakin' Pay less 2 for 1's gave way. What would you do if you saw Pam falling your direction? The lady that nabbed you for years as you tried to sneak 2nd desserts, whose eyebrows defy creation, and whose intimidation is unmatched. Would you not too reach out and catch a falling Pam Franklin? I think you would. Because Pam Frankiln, 218 pounds of history and reputation does not deserve to be left on the crimson sanctuary floor. You owe me Elmer. I don't care how many sanctuary doors you opened or how many firm hand shakes you gave. Who was there for Pam? That's what it comes down to.
22 years were recreated in one incident and for this I deem Pam a genius. Who was able to make up for missed birthday cards, cold shoulders, head shakes, Pam it was you.
That fall was planned for years.
Peace.

1 comment:

c-unitsdaddy said...

Trust me, you had to be there. Time stood still. Pam didn't...slowly falling towards a possible tooth loss and black eye. Andrew...your courage and quick wits inspire me to be a better man. Like when Animals attack or Rescue 911 when the victim is miraculously snatched from the predators pursuit by an innocent standby...On that Sunday morning, I truly saw an example of the scriptures come alive in the Story of Andrew...a good Samaritan.