Wednesday, May 04, 2005

"What the crap just happened!"

My wife has been solid, I can hoenstly say not taking things into her own hands without any sense or thought before. But yesterday it happened. Shea's boss said, "Shea, your husband sings right?" Shea replies, "oh yes." Boss says" would he sing at the comencement for davenport?" Shea replies, "oh, yes" I know it's tough to say no to a boss, but come on, give me a break honey. Next thing I know shea is telling me that I am singing at comencement at the Dow Event Center. Let me remind everyone that I have had no vocal training skill what so ever. I don't always hit the right note and why the heck would they ask some kid from Mt. Pleasant to sing at comenceemnt. I don't even know anything about Davenport except my wife works there. The song conveniently designated to sing by the university..................."America the beautiful". What the crap! Am I on American Idol or something. Dude, what just happened? Wait what just happened? Wait.......come on.........let me.............wait, what? I have to sing "America the Beautiful" at a commencemnt with like thousands of people. Couldn't they book Clay Aiken or something? He loves to sing. Girls love him, heck America loves him. What am I doing. I am going to seeing each persons face in this family with a smirk on it as I sing. I hope I don't start laughing. I have to go.

Yours truly,
Kelly Clarkston (Steve) RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

c-unitsdaddy said...

Ayight! You can vote for Steve by text messaging IDOL -6 on your cingular wireless, and you must vote in order for Steve to return next week.

Randy says, "It was kind a pitchy, dawg! But your still my dawg, dawg."

Paula says, "I am just really proud of you."

Simon says, "That performance for me was like eating a chocolate bar and an onion at the same time. Pack your bags, cause your going home tonite."

J/K Don't forget the words....

sarahjane said...

steve you'll do fine. jeff, that post was amazing.

wes gaines said...

Classic, you gotta catch that moment on video. Go for it Clay.

Abigail said...

Some people wait at lifetime...for a moment like this! Steve, this is your moment. This is your time. This is your destiny. From sea to shining sea... go make us proud!

Bill said...

Replacing Karen Neuman at the Red Wing games (Star Spangle Banner), I can see it. Steve, go for your dream. This could be it. If you miss a note, don't worry about. The thousands of people watching you sing will worry enough. RemeMber this from someone who forgot his lines at the BCC "Last Supper" play many years ago, just make up the words. At least you won't have to look out in the audience at Becky Gentry with her head buried in her lap. Oh, two other words if you forget the words to America the Beautiful: BILL NYLUND.