Tuesday, May 10, 2005

This is the great adventure!

Well, I graduated this past week and I wanted to say thank you to every body for coming out and making the moment ever more momentous. I love you all and I couldn't have done it without you. Especially Mom and Dad.
And so many of you have been wondering what I'll be doing next so I thought I'd get on it and hush the rumors that may be swirling. For the next two weeks I will be finishing my classes at Citrus, I will be reading a lot, I will be cleaning my room and packing my bags, saying some good byes as I board a plane headed for Tokyo, Japan. I will spend exactly one month touring Japan in search of the 'good and simple life'. I'll spend a few days in Tokyo but the emphsis of my trip is to spend time in the country side, learning more Japanese, meeting new people, and putting my hands in the dirt.

Upon my arrival back to the States I will intern with the Los Angeles Catholic worker for 6 weeks. The Catholic Worker is a home and soup kitchen in LA's skid row. The home houses volunteers and homeless persons and the kitchen serves up to 1000 meals a day. I will serve in any way needed and I trust this experience to be fulfilling.
Then I'll probably find a place to live and work in Los Angeles, find a wife, and be cool.
That's it for now.
I welcome your prayers.
Que Steven Curtis Chapman.
Andrew

3 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

The Simple Life...with Paris Hilton?

Bill said...

Ohio

sarahjane said...

we had such a great time celebrating your four years of hardwork. glad you like the sweatshirt. hope your month in japan is relaxing and enlightening--which, i guess, how could it not be. i'll just selfishly say that we hope to get at least a postcard from japan. we had a great time hanging out with you and the guys. how was the notebook?