Thursday, May 19, 2005

inspector says...


inspecta
Originally uploaded by wes gaines.
its a dreary Thursday evening, I'm getting ready to watch the Piston's game and maybe drink a Corona left over from Cinco de Mayo celebrations. Here are my finds and thoughts for the week-----

I read this poem at 5:30 p.m. today, if you open up the right side of your brain for 5 minutes this David Berman poem will help you wind down after work!

Talk of the Nation had a show on the effects globalization is having on religion (listen) I was wondering what our expert (Andrew) would say. N.T. Wright has some great insight into the role Christians should take in engaging culture (article) read the intro and conclusion if you don't want the read it all.

I love Philip Glass, this piece from The Hours Soundtrack is worth a listen

the game is underway (slow start for Pistons), Corona is open, I'm just wondering if Jeff will call me back tonight

2 comments:

sarahjane said...

everyone.....is wes getting a bit poetic?


(bravo, old chap).

c-unitsdaddy said...

Wes, Have you seen the new film THE CORPORATION? Great docmentary! Fascinating. I'll call you today.