Monday, May 09, 2005

shooting at Ben and Becky's

Well,

first I want to thank Andrew Gaines for graduating and letting me be a part of his celebration. I had a great time with my aunt and uncle and cousins. My stay at Jake and Ab's house was very accomodating despite Harley's humping my leg, farting in the car and running into a screaching demon dog. I came out for excitement and the Gaines did not fail to deliver.

I do have to congratulate Ben and Becky for the ultimate excitement of the weekend. I had made an ignorant comment on the way from the airport saying "Compton doesn't look that bad" - I made that comment from the freeway. Jake clarified that it might be a different story if we exited the freeway.
I didn't have to go to Compton to experience LA excitement. The first day I got to see the "daily highway car chase on the news." And tonight . . . after ice cream at 21 choices and after party at Jake and Abigails, B & B and I returned to their apartment for a nice, relaxing evening of Tivo - Bachelor and Dog. Instead we returned to cop cars surrounding their apartment building and police helicopters flying above. I jokingly said "They'll probably have your apartment taped off". Only to find this was not far from the truth. It wasn't their building but the next building over a man was shot 4 times and the police had taped off that building.

In tears, I called Jake to come pick me up, which he refused - saying "Welcome to L.A."

So anyway,
I came out for excitinment and I have to say the CA gaines delivered.
Wicked party at Andrew's house, a very loving and gaseous Harley, and a shooting. What else could I possibly ask for?
I guess tomorrow is another day. We'll see what happens between now and when I board the plane.

Excited to make my first post to the blog

#1 Cuz

Joel Eisleben

No comments: