Saturday, May 07, 2005

graduation

WISH WE WERE THERE ANDREW! CONGRATS! We in sunny and 70 degree Michigan are sooo..excited for you and would love to be with all the Gaines to celebrate this happy event! It's a bit of an adventure at this point , and that " degree"can open some amazing doors Andrew! Just look at all your brothers! Who'd guess on the day of their graduations? 2 teachers/coaches and an environmentalist! Just be sure to seek God in your decisions, and you will surely find the contentment that they have found in their careers. I wish you great joy!

WISH YOU ALL WERE HERE! Thursday nite Steve spoke to the His House students just before they packed up to go home for the summer! What a beautiful message he shared about God's grace and His Holy Spirit being within each of them as they leave the security and support of their Christian friends. He shared from his heart and experiences how God is here to take us back when we stumble, just for the asking. Many of us experienced a few tears and laughter.
I know I'm his mom, but he has the gift of preaching as well as worship. He did as awsome job...I know Steve...with lots of God's help. SMILE

Well, let me tell you about Jeff. For years, everywhere we go, and I mean everywhere .. at least in MI, we would hear from moms and students how wonderful Jeff is as a teacher. This year, I hear often from others how they have read about Jeff in the newspaper regarding his involvement with student exchanges in Lansing, a diversity club, Central America support etc.
Sometimes he isn't even aware of which article I'm talking about when I ask him! Anyway, Norm and I are very proud of our sons. and I think I can speak for Lena and Bill....We as parents sure are blessed with 6 terrific sons.

Ok..I'm done now...You know...Graduation Day is a day of reflection...so I couldn't help but reflect...love you all ....You tooo girls...very much!!

Debbie

P.S. Now aren't you glad I don't write daily or weekly! X O

No comments: