Friday, May 20, 2005

an ice cream cone today

Fell asleep on the train this morning, that's how I started my day. I was coming home from the city and I passed the time by reading my book which quickly turned into me falling asleep while reading my book. The train blazed right by the Covina stop while I was still fast asleep. So I took the train all the way down to Pomona where I was greeted by the 90 degree heat. My refuge Jacob was at the UYWI Conference enjoying a hip hop dance performance so I had the time to walk a mile to the bus stop and catch the 187 to Glendora. I was a little grogy but I took a shower, ate some breakfast, and cleaned my room. I agree with Abigail, there's a certain stillness and quiet in the air these days. Maybe it has something to do with graduating, maybe it has something to do with saying good-bye to good friends, and embarking on a trip to Japan. And maybe this is just sounding like the 2003 Jeff/Steph Christmas card. Anyways, I'm enjoying my time post graduation. I've been real productive and it's a bit surprising. Maybe these last four years inspired something in me. But I made a resume, sent it to Dad for polishing, and I've already sent it off to a real amazing job lead. I attended a info meeting about another position working for a non-profit organization, and I'm headed up to Big Sur this week-end for a camping trip and one last time with my three best college friends, Bob, Jay, and Michael. Then I'll be packing my bags for a trip to Japan and perhaps I'll post the first international blog. I'm healthy, I'm happy, I'm loved, and I love. And I'm going to get an ice cream cone on the way home.
Peace!

1 comment:

sarahjane said...

you leave wednesday? let us know how your camping trip was.