Thursday, May 05, 2005

Happy Cinco de Mayo

As I sit here in my classroom, eating authentic taquitos, menudo, beans and rice from the class next door, I thought I would wish everyone a happy cinco de mayo. Lets all remember the importance...or do you know what we celebrate...hmm...well no it is not mexican independence day...nope, its when the Mexican Army defeated the Napoleon III and his French troops who were trying to invade and take over Mexico in 1862. "Go home", said the Mexicans as they defeated the French at the battle of Puebla. And if you think, why should I celebrate this day...I am all the way in Michigan, what does it have to do with me?.....well my friend, if the French took over Mexico...what would they have gone after next...thats right the good ole US of A. Have a margarita and celebrate!!

2 comments:

sarahjane said...

that's great because i was actually just trying to remember what cinco de mayo celebrated. i think i will have a margarita, ben.

wes gaines said...

can i have a tecate?