Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Look how God changes things

Horatio Spafford wrote a song after his four daughters died in a shipping accident 1n 1873. Here are the words:

When peace like a river, attendeth my way
when sorrows like sea billows roll
whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say
It is well with my soul, it is well with my soul

It is well, with my soul
It is well, with my soul
it is well, it is well, with my soul

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought
my sin, not in part but whole
was nailed to the cross and I bear it no more
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh my soul

And Lord, haste the day when my faith
shall be sight
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll
The trump shall resound and the Lord
shall descend
even so, it is well with my soul

It is now one of the most sung hymns in the church even today. Only God could do something like that. Pretty sweet. Adios

1 comment:

sarahjane said...

i would also like to mention that the band innocense mission has this amazing version of this song. very slow and beautiful. so check-check-check it out