Thursday, April 21, 2005

Life in the 626 (Big brown messy house)

in the spirit of updates I thought I'd offer an update on what's been happening in my life.
I'm starting to feel the nostalgia. Walking around campus, 7 palms, veggie burger from take 5, it's all beginning to set it. In two weeks I will be finished with APU and I am ready to leave this place. I love it here, but all things must end and I feel this is ending in fine fashion. I've been working hard on my senior thesis. I'm writing about the affects of globalization in different arenas. I'll post it when I'm finished for all who care to read.

I've also been trying new things like going to bed early and waking up early. I started working on a film, the first I've made since the Window Washer. This production is about Los Angeles, and more specifically community development in LA. IT's tough, but I think I'll be done in a few weeks. Perhaps for a screening when ya'll are out here.
I've been making smoothies, eating homeade soups, running, and biking. All in an effort to take better care of mi body. I didn't watch the Masters.
I'm planning to go to Japan for a month or two this summer. I'm going to go see some friends in Tokyo, Mika in Nigatta, and to work on a farm elsewhere. Check out www.wwoof.org. Sweet!
The Late Greats season came to an end but I still get cheers around camps. Some body called me Jimmy Chitwood for nailing 4 threes in the final game. Where were you B&B (MIchigan).
After Japan, Los Angeles. I think I'll be here for a while. It takes a very specific person to be called to dowtown LA and I feel like I fit the description. LA is a city where beauty has to be searched out and found. LA is a city with a definite edge and I think whoever named Los Angeles should have been more specific. (I'm not sure quite what I mean by that). But I love it here and I see myself here for a while writing a verse or two in this song.
Gearing up for a repeat title. Applying sunscreen on these sunny days and studying Japanese. I must be off. I look forward to seeing many of you soon. And all my love to the Lampi's.
Peace!

1 comment:

sarahjane said...

don't let that senioritis get the best of you. by the way, your answering machine messages are the best. we usually call twice to hear them. see you in a few weeks, grad.