Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving in Seattle



Becky and I just got back from snowy Seattle! We spent the last week up there. On Monday afternoon before Thanksgiving, we departed in our Saturn for the 18 hour trek Norm and Mark style (through the night) to the Northwest. We had a relaxing week with the family, enjoying the colder weather as well. We were able to fly Brenda up, she loved the snow. On Sunday, I ran the Seattle Marathon which was an interesting test of endurance. The weather was all but pleasant, snow at first, then steady rain and 34 degrees. All in all, we had a great time!

4 comments:

sarahjane said...

you ran a marathon?! pretty impressive. what did the kids think of brenda? you'll have to show us pictures of your newest niece soon. much love from the fort!

Andrew said...

Ironman Gaines!

I can't believe you ran a marathon!

c-unitsdaddy said...

Is that number 3 for maratones?

Ok Pre

In the words of Enrique Iglesias....."You are my HEROE"

Students are writing Pen Pal letters today and the shirts will be in next Friday. I will then send them immediately out to you ( the number of shirts you last sent me on email).

luv j

Bill said...

Congradulations Bennie. My knee is holding up and I am running again. Did 1/2 mile in Waynesville at the track.