Friday, November 10, 2006

chop suey

Yesterday Pete joined his cousin Harley in the "it puppy club"--he got the chop. We decided it was finally time. On top of that, he had to get a growth taken off of his arm and lip, so, needless to say, once i brought him home he was capital "Z" zonked. There was a lot of walking sideways and losing balance. Plus, it hurt him to lay down, so he kept sleeping sitting up (and falling over). But this morning he was back to walking fast and chewing on his bone, so we think he's on the road to recovery. Harley, if only you were here to let him know you understand what he's going through.

2 comments:

wes gaines said...

pete's my hero. i love that dog

Abigail said...

Harley writes:

Pete,

We've never met, but I feel your pain. I know what it's like to go to sleep with your manhood and wake up a little bit lighter. Hang in there (no pun intended). It will get better. And besides, out west I'm still known for the Harley Hug, though I don't know why I still do it. I guess it's just my way of showing them that I've still got what it takes. So welcome to the club!

Damn that Bob Barker,
Harley