Monday, November 27, 2006

A sonnet for Wes: Question?

Hello my friend
to my words may you tend
A question has arose
and it smells like a rose (Nice one)

In march a time will come
Will you say yes and be the one
That will join a fellow man
in worship as we take a stand

to lead others to God's throne
I would rather not do it alone
So I ask this final plea
Wes, would you join me at YE

March 9th, 10th, and 11th
Don't you go on the 7th
If yes, my smile will glean
dial four hunderd thirty-seven sixteen (989)

If no, i understand
They asked you first
and you said talk to the hand

But seriously call me and let me know
For it could be fun and I want you to go.

Oh yeah, make sure sarah says it's okay
I know how that works, I'm married to Shea. (Either way, let me know, don't feel like you have to. You were the first person that popped in my head.)

Steve Lampi 11-27-06

2 comments:

c-unitsdaddy said...

A lyrical bliss...can't wait for Sarah's posthumous crtitque.

Yo Wes, had no idea you were that humble that Steve-o had to "BOOK" you for a show..(so says your website he informed me)

Gosh, has Wes become what he so despises? jk

Much love, I'd pay a million to see Steve (Mid-town's Martin Luther Liberal Lampi) and Wes (the Fort's Free Willy Gaines) rock-out...and that's why Steph and I are ready to book the Holiday Inn Brighton for those 3 days if this really happens....

Let me know....I've got "EXPEDIA.com" bookmarked

By the way, I was talking to Jake this weekend and we were wondering why we haven't been called back to do a fall retreat or YE?? Oh yeah,
hint: Todd Kube gots blackmail....aka Kodak moment

wes gaines said...

March 6th,
our anniversary,
An anniversary trip,
a possibility,
Leading worship with Steve,
an opportunity,
Let me talk with my wife,
and we shall see.

(I'll give you a call)