Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Blast from the Past...Bulldog Goddess

So,

I go down with Eden and Caleb to meet my Mom at Red Robin for her birthday tonight. I walk in with the kids and see Stormin' Norman working some table. He grabs Caleb and begins to introduce his oldest g-son to what looks like a young mother, her mother and her two twins. Gots to be an old student of his, nothing new for the most popular (could win Governor) man in Brighton.

I am getting Eden settled and I look up to my father introducing me to the young lady he had in school....."Hi, I'm B-E-C-K-Y......Becky Ketola."

Dad: "So you remember her?"

Me: "Yeah, I think s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-o."
(What a lie)

Let's get this straight. This is the girl that Wes and I had convos about walkin down Senior hall, trying to "talk to Jake" ...aka get a closer look at the Bulldog Princess. This is Becky. And I "think I know her..." Ah yeah right.

I needed my boy Wes, right there to share that "Wonder Years" moment...and you were there...in spirit.

We shared a few comments about our children, laughs about parenthood, and awkward Normisms. SHe even stopped by the table to say Goodbye....to my dad.

Listen, Stephnie is my Greek Princess, and Sara is Indiana's HOTTEST MOM hands down (teeeshirt). Don't get me wrong.

This was just one of those Hit- you- in- the- face, B-town, better than fight song, bigger than friday night lights, every freshman-senior crush flashback.

And Wes, in the words of Roger Waters, "And I wish you were here."

(disclaimer: the above narrative and commentary is all in jest.)

Oh yeah, here's Wes' comments to me upon hearing of tonight's encounter,
(You'll love this Jake)

"Yeah Becky...Yeah....but I was more a Jen Deedos guy."

Ha --gotcha Wes

1 comment:

wes gaines said...

watch it lamps!! classic story. "yeah i think so"??????

great