Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Show-Me the Gaines-Lampi Posse Tourney Update!


The Show-Me State
Originally uploaded by jacobgaines.
I hope you all have been watching March Madness because there has been many more than, "One Shining Momement" in this year's tourney. I can't remember a year when there's been more down to the wire buzzer beaters and overtimes in game after game. Sarah, did Wes tear up when Gonzaga pulled the biggest joke of the tourney, leaving Adam Morisson weeping at half court. I got misty watching Coach K walk off the court with a red-eyed J.J. Redick.

As far as the Gaines-Lampi Posse pool, it appears that for the second straight year, the spoils will go to someone other than a Gaines or Lampi. I've checked the brackets and congrats go out to David Jinkins (Joel's bro-in-law) who has already mathematically clinched this year's title. With a UCLA win (and I think I told everyone to watch out for the Bruins) Abigail and Joel will tie for second. Props to my wife for bringing home the high score amongst the ladies. So, I guess this was the year of the "Show-Me State". Tough year for the Michigan crew. Besides dad's bracket there was only disappointment. Jeff, what happened? This was definitely not the year of the Spartan? Anyhow, I'm looking forward to a great Final Four weekend. Give me your predictions... is it Big Baby? will Ben Howland finally prove he's one the best in country? the young Gators? or will Cinderella keep on dancing? My pick... U-C-L-A (defensive wins ballgames!)

7 comments:

c-unitsdaddy said...

Dude, I took a risk, a "no guts no glory" decision and a first round let's see if all the low seeds win. Go ahead, check my bracket. A dumb move, you be the judge. Humbled, yes. GO mami, Abagail!

There's always next year...Go GMU! Oh yeah, MSU lost to this year's best team...I'm ok with that.

Jeff

c-unitsdaddy said...

Calvin Sampson the next coach at IU? Huh, isn't he in trouble for recruiting violations. I am pleased that IU went with a black coach, though. I put to rest my beleifs about Bloomington's finest (Not you Wes). LOve you, Wes. You're my best friend forever.

sarahjane said...

jeff, did this blog just get racial? hmmmm... and to answer your question, jake, i do not know for sure if wes teared up (i was already in bed), but he did tell me that he was "shaking"--which might be of more concern.

wes gaines said...

tears for the stache nad
jeers for redick

good luck playing in europe

wes gaines said...

actually, it looks like J. Gleason can pull it off if UCLA wins it all!!

Hey Joel, who is this J. Gleason??

Abigail said...

I didn't realize that J. Gleason has flown under the radar and can still swing in and snatch 1st place from David with a Bruin victory. Creates more mysterious drama.

Joel, who is this mysterious pool shark?

Welcome. said...

Sniper deserved more props. I have also heard that Jacob and Abigail will now need to name their first born after me. FYI, Gramie says hello and hello and hello and hello and hello and, well you get the idea. Please come visit her. David.