Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy 55th Dad!


Happy 55th Dad!
Originally uploaded by jacobgaines.
If my memory serves me right, you should now be able to hit up the old foggies at Huron Meadows for the Senior Citizen Discount! So there are some benefit to this birthday.

Some of my best early memories of dad are getting my hair combed (parted down the middle)after a bath. Long walks to the pitchers mound to tell a son to stop aiming it. Waking up to WJR cranked up louder than his hair dryer, and knowing I had at least 15 more minutes to sleep. Gathering sticks and using my finger to hold the knot after a chainsaw afternoon. Pushing a shovel alongside dad after the first snowfall, etc. etc. There are just a few that came to mind.

I was in Mexico this weekend at Colina de Luz and was reminded again of dad's vision to all build a house for a Mexican family someday together as a family. It's that kind of heart that I believe he's passed on to his sons, and for that I am very greatful. How about a Gaines-Lampi Mexican homebuilding project with ninos and all by dad's 60th? Anyhow, happy birthday dad. We all love you very much!

No comments: