Monday, December 19, 2005

New wheel


new wheel
Originally uploaded by andrewgaines.
Check this out. I built this wheel on Friday night at a wheel building class offered by the Bicycle Kitchen in Los Angeles. The class took about 5 hours and I constructed this wheel from start to finish. This is a pretty unique wheel because I put a track cog on it. This means that I have only one gear and I cannot coast (when the wheel's moving, the pedals are moving). I now have a fixed gear bicycle. Read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_gear

2 comments:

sarahjane said...

i didn't know that you could actually make a wheel do that




(reference to waiting for guffman--do you know it?)

c-unitsdaddy said...

I didn't know some people have 5 hours to spend at a wheel building class??? (for the cut concerning Coach Carter and me... hated that movie)