Friday, June 24, 2005

Love hurts


bubble gum queen
Originally uploaded by sarahjgaines.
Some of you may know of some of the strange things Wes has said while sleeping, like that time he asked me (in his sleep), "have you ever done a beer bong?" Nothing, however, tops the best ever sleep-induced insanity that occured last night:
Around 5 AM I suddenly woke up and realized that my right upper-arm was aching--like I had been stung by a swarm of bees or something. I was half-awake and semi-franticallly trying to figure out what it could be. Was it a cramp? No. Was it a spider bite? No. Was it a bee sting? No.
I look over about three seconds later to see Wes's sweet face sound asleep facing me from about a foot away. I don't know what made me say it, but the words just came out, "Did you just bite me?!"
Wes woke up, looked at me, and just started laughing hysterically out of nowhere.
"I was having this dream that there was this big bubble of bubble gum in front of me, and in my dream I leaned forward with my mouth open to bite into it. I must've bitten you."
By now I've been awake for 1 1/2 minutes and am laughing so hard I don't think I can go back to sleep. My arm is still killing me, and I am bleeding, along with a few broken blood vessels.
I don't know how biting me in his sleep didn't wake Wes up (though he does remember thinking that the bubble's texture was "tough"), or why I randomly blurted out, "did you just bite me?!" but that was officially the funniest thing that's ever happened to me. Ever.

(he must've caught my skin under those front upper teeth.)

3 comments:

Bill said...

I am reminded of the first time Gabe Maiberger saw Evie Schoeberlein. "Bite you"

lena jo said...

Have you considered muzzling Wes at night?

sarahjane said...

i'm at least considering wearing long sleeves and a face mask. people keep saying, "what happened to your arm?" what if he would've bitten my face!?