Monday, February 04, 2008

please pray

Family and Friends,
I request your prayers as one of my dearest friends, Andrea, was in a tragic car accident with her husband, Scott, and son, Isaac, yesterday. We were very saddened when her father called us this morning to tell us that they lost Isaac. He was the same age as Grace. Scott is in stable condition, but Andrea is in critical condition. She has broken her arms, legs, ankles, jaw, clavicle, and many other bones in her body. Her lungs collapsed this morning, but they were able to reinflate them. She should be going in for surgery on her neck tomorrow. There was also another couple in the car who was killed.
My friends were temporarily in Denver, Colorado, where they were training to be missionaries to Cambodia. They just left so. cal. last month. They have no home to go home to since they literally left everything behind for the mission field. Just a few weeks ago Grace and I played with Isaac amidst the many boxes of stuff that would be eventually shipped to Cambodia.
I will be trying to fly out to Denver tomorrow morning to be with Andrea and her family (her parents mentored Jacob and I for the first few years of our marriage). My heart is filled with a very deep sadness and sorrow.

8 comments:

sarahjane said...

Oh, man. We're just so sorry to hear about your friends and especially to hear about the loss of their son. We'll be praying.

lena jo said...

Our thoughts and sincere prayers are with your friends and their family as they suffer unimaginable sadness.
We pray for you too as your heart breaks for them and their unbearable loss. May God give you words of comfort for them.

c-unitsdaddy said...

I'm so sorry, Abagail and Jake. speechless.

Ben and Becky said...

I cant imagine, we are praying for them.

Jake said...

To read an update about the couple's condition and the accident copy and past this link:

http://www.friendschurchsw.org/swardupdate.html

Very sad situation. Abigail's on her way to Denver so Gracie and I will hold down the fort for a few days.

steve lampi said...

We are so very sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine. We will be praying.

Bill said...

Jacob and Abigail, this affected me like the two kids Jacob knew who were killed last year. All we can do is pray and love them (you for us).

debbie said...

We are so sorry and are praying for them, as well as you both.