Saturday, September 10, 2005

You Can't Spell "Lloyd" Without 2 L's


Lloyd Carr
Originally uploaded by jacobgaines.
After watching today's UM-Notre Dame game I must say that it's a bit eerie at how predictable the Wolverine football program is year in and year out. Today was the standard early season (pre-Big 10) loss to an opponent ranked below them that they should beat. This is only a prelude to the 9-2 or 8-3 season that we will once again endure with a Jan. trip to Orlando to play in the Citrus Bowl. No, I'm not off this bandwagon (ala Pistons 2001-2003), but I am once again left to spend a late Saturday afternoon frustrated at the predictability of it all. I sat in Ben and Becky's living room for the first half and watched a team about as inspired as Eric Franklin's performance in the skit where he played Jesus on the cross and his only line was "ME?" Lloyd Carr and Jim Hermann got completely out coached and how can you not motivate your guys to play in this rivalry in front of 111,000+. Andrew and I moved to our place for the second half and were treated to a sophomore QB finally looking like it, and more out coaching. Alas, my frustration is somewhat alleviated by the mere predictability of it all and I can move on. I know some who read this blog care not a bit about any of this, but for those with an opinion, I'd be interested in hearing it. Mom, we were also curious at what point in the game did dad go out and mow the lawn after cashing it all in? Any bets on Oct 1st in E.Lansing?

7 comments:

wes gaines said...

That pass on fourth down was the worst effort I've seen. Two turnovers in the redzone? Come on guys!

Go Irish!

c-unitsdaddy said...

I was rooting for them to win. I hate the Irish. What could have been a 4-0 vs 4-0 Oct 1 match-up lost some hype. ND next weekend. We'll try for an upset...unlikely???? Quien sabe? Oct. 1 will be a good one though. Let's make some bets.

Bill said...

2nd quarter, driving your grandma Fritz to the airport. I said "oh crap" and turned off WRJ a.k.a the Mi. game.
Tough one coming up, don't buy the (package) -> E. MI.
I found myself in an out of body experience Saturday night, I was routing for Ohio State and knew I had to face our Sr. Pastor Sunday morning and tell him I was bleeding scarlet and red Saturday night.

Ben and Becky said...

I was for Texas, I was born there...what a awsome game (OSU vs. Texas). Michigan will have their hands full with OSU. They looked real good.

wes gaines said...

I'm going all out for the Lions this year!!!

Bill said...

Jump on-board the Lions bandwagon. We're leading the division.

Ben and Becky said...

They better make it to the Superbowl, it wouldn't be very fun watching it the game in your own stadium...