Wednesday, September 14, 2005

This time you really must listen. . .


This morning I heard an interview on NPR with author, Holocaust survivor, and Nobel Peace Prize winner, Elie Wiesel that was absolutely, incredibly amazing. To refresh your memories, he wrote a memoir of his Houlocaust experience called "Night" that was published in 1963 (and is a must-read). I listened to it twice, it was so moving.

With quotes from Wiesel such as, "Never be complacent in the eyes of injustice," how can you not listen?

Click on the link, scroll down to where is says "Elie Wiesel" and on the right-hand side you can download the interview. If you do not want to listen to the beginning of the interview about his newly published novel, I recommend beginning at around 19 or 20 minutes in.

I'm interested to hear if any of you listened, as well as what you thought.


(and that's my emotionally-charged moment for today).

No comments: