Sunday, September 25, 2005

Platinum Update - Bringing Comfort

For those of you who are concerned about my Platinum status with Northwest Airlines, the intent of this blog is to bring you some comfort. The red font milage below is the record of how far I am away from Platinum for 2006. I only need 75,000 miles to reach Platinum for 2006. My recent trip to Brussels netted me 31,000 miles towards a frequest flier ticket. Of those miles, 8800 are used for Platinum status. My return trip will net another 8800 miles which will put me over the 75,000 mile mark. So you Platinum worriors, sleep better tonite.

170,973 Total Banked Miles
0 Current Locked Miles
170,973 Current Available Miles
68,166 2005 Elite Qualifying Miles
62 2005 Elite Qualifying Segments
3,139,473 Total Mileage Since Enrollment

8 comments:

Ben and Becky said...

Thanks, had my first great night of sleep last night knowing that the platinum card was coming back for another year!

Abigail said...

The Platinum card is one thing, but I'm most impressed with the 3 milllion+ miles since you became a WorldPerks member. I did some calculations and seeing that the circumphrence of the earth is 24,903 miles, you have successfully circled the globe 126 times. Furthermore, it is roughly 250,000 miles from the earth to the moon (another Astrofact). This means that you have had that infamous aisle seat for just about 12 trips to the moon. Way to go dad!

Welcome. said...

I can't express in words the joy and pride that comes to my heart knowing that my uncle has been to the moon 12 times (isn't that what you said Jake?)
-the levies of my heart broke when i read this and i cried

Elton john penned it well "i'm a rocket man, burning out the fuse out here alone"

to you rocket man
love joel

sarahjane said...

first off.....whew! you made it!

second....i think joel's comment reads like those "real men of genius" bud light commercials

Andrew said...

I thought it was 'Real American Heroes'
and to you Bill Gaines,
NWA Club member, aisle seat, first class, airport walk, airport talk, could find a bathroom in the Beijing terminal with the shortest line, DTW to ATL, we salue you.
To the moon and back (12 trips apparently)!

c-unitsdaddy said...

I can't believe joel said "levies".

c-unitsdaddy said...

Jake, random factman. Geek. j/k

Bill said...

I made it => 79,000 (only needed 75,000). Thank you for all your concerns. Sleep well tonight.