Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wednesday Morning Music

My Morning Jacket - listen

Enjoy,

Joel

OK, so wes has encouraged me to tell my "kissing story", or attempted kissing story.
My new infatuation is a girl named Lindsay. She goes to the vineyard columbia church.
infatuation is the right word.

So despite the Lord's warnings to put him first and take things in his time I gave into my fleshly desire and went in for the first kiss last night. First date took place on Monday August 31st and none other than the Heidelberg. where my parents first date took place.

Date went great. Even told her we should take things slow.

So why not screwed things up I thought to myself?,
I went in for the kiss - didn't get the pull back or push away ... but did get
the "woah what are you doing" "I don't know what I want yet and I don't think you do either"
she's very smart

FLESH DENIED - HOLY SPIRIT IN THE WAY

Score = Holy Spirit - 1 Flesh - 0

We're still in the first quarter and the Holy Spirit has come out to a strong start with it's defense despite the fleshes aggressive offense. This is a match of heavyweights, expecting this one to come down to the final minutes . Will keep you up to date on the score.

5 comments:

sarahjane said...

holy cow, joel. i think you missed your calling as a comedian. this post blows david's spot as best cousin out of the water.

Welcome. said...

Thanks sarah

wes gaines said...

joel did not kiss dating goodbye

c-unitsdaddy said...

That's awesome, Joel. Give her a cheesy line next time, like..."You complete me" or "Your fall from heaven had to hurt" then...well....you know!

Bill said...

Joel, this is your Uncle Bill. In going in for the first kiss, I want to give you a line that absolutely failed with your Aunt Lena. Here it goes, good luck - "Lindsay, is it hot in here or is it just you?"
Let me know how it turns out.