Saturday, July 16, 2005

Golf Talk

Everyone make sure and watch the Open Championship tomorrow, its at St. Andrews, where I played two years ago. I got a par on the 1st and 18th and that's all you need to know. It was the highlight of my golfing life (Other than how I always show up in a big way at family golf outings:
Ben's wedding: choked under the watchful eye of "sniper", got T.O'd @ caddie (Jeff), lost money to uncle Jimmy
Steve's wedding: choked again, got T.O'd @ partner (Jeff), lost to Bill and Norm

finally the most recent "Green Machine Incident" in Cali, oh well. I'm pulling for Monty tomorrow.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Harley and I have been faithfully watching the British Open before dawn here on the West Coast. Yesterday, we both got lumps in our throats when we watched Jack Nicklaus walk up the 18th green for the last time. Was anyone else watching that moment when he stopped on the bridge and posed with his son (caddy), who had recently lost his 7 month old in a pool accident. The analyst from TNT got caught up a little bit in tht moment and his next line was, "Not a dry eye in the country!" Perhaps a bit overstated a week removed from a horrific terrorist act in the same country, but I guess we all get caught up in the moment sometimes.

My golf game is non-existent at this point, but for anyone who dares, I found out that through September I can get us on the PGA West courses out in Palm Springs for $39. These include some of the best courses in the country including where they play the Skins Game. If anyone's got game and can stand to play in 115 degree heat, get a ticket and we'll hit the links. Otherwise, I'll settle for a round at Huron Meadows in a few weeks where they play the KVC pre-season warmup every other year. Just grip it and rip it at HM. Nothing but open spaces. My kind of place!

Bill said...

HM can be challenging. Like last week when I hit into the only tree on the hole (#8). #9 with the water 25 yeards in front of the tee. Splash!!. Also, the men at the clubhouse can be mighty intimitating.