Sunday, July 31, 2005

27 Reasons why I love WESLEY GAINES...

27. The Golden State Warriors hat I gave you you never wore
26. Goin' skins in bed together...Hakuna Matata
25. Sniffin' glue under the tables during Rick Yarborough's youth group chat
24. Your sweet bowl cut
23. Takin some heat off the "brace face (8 years!)" jokes with your beaver teeth
22. Ratting out Travis Miller for stealing my blue slacks and soaking them in the urinal
21. Defending me against Cory Selva
20. Allowing me to stand aloof at BHS Bible Groups ...comfortable ahhhh....
19. Being a scapegoat for Shawn McCaig's harassment
18. TANGLING!!! There was just something about my tan thighs and your white limbs (jungle fever)
17. Stayin COLLEGE at SITS instead of going PRO in b-ball to make me feel good despite pressure from Ernie Perry
16. Being somewhere between 1- 17th when I was 18th on Mrs. Luck's soccer team....4 years in a ROW!
15. Sharing Becky Ketola moments
14. Introducing me to country music.."I got friends in LOW PLACES.."
13. Hand meets thigh on a warm May 27th 2000 afternoon near a pond and a quaint tree. "You can do it, man"
12. BAPTIZING me in the Sea of BCC! and then my brother???
11. Clutch double in the 9th that eventually led us to a WOLVERINE championship and skinny dip in Hal Howell's pond.
10. Forgiving me after our first fight (AND LAST) in Florida! SHUT UP C!
9. Becky Ketola
8. Sharing awkward puberty moments..."Dude, what's that?"
7. PETRA PRAISE..."Jeff, this is the real deal. Look at Schlitz's locks!"
6. Telling 2 girls on the SAME nite TOGETHER..."Listen, we're going to college....this isn't gonna work"
5. Fanning the flame about the BEACH HOUSE dream with me till about eleventh grade when I realized that it was pretty sick.
4. Not bragging about scoring the Target scholarship for $1,000 that sent me through a year of isolation at GVSU
3. INTRODUCING ME TO SARAH JANE GAINES, DUH!
2. After 4 years of holy spirit promptings, you finally had the guts to tell me to "Watch what you are doing...Repent...and accept JESUS (Dude, why so long?)" finally becoming a sheep!
1. I ALL SERIOUSNESS....BEING MY BEST MAN (in all regards)

HAPPY B-DAY WES! At least you're not 30 like JAKE. j/k

1 comment:

wes gaines said...

Gracias amigo mio! te amo mucho, por siempre