Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year's 2007!

No, it's not snowing here. This is from last year, but I was feeling a bit bummed that we still haven't had much snow and the future for snow doesn't look promising (thank you, global warming).

I just wanted to check in to see if anyone made any new year's resolutions for this year. I told Wes mine was to "roll with the punches," meaning to adjust to life with a son and take on my new role as a mama as gracefully and smoothly as possible without getting stressed or frustrated (cross your fingers). I'd also like to keep writing and to pursue some freelance jobs, if possible.

That's all I can think of for now. Anyone else?

3 comments:

wes gaines said...

Here are some of mine:

1. Finish Abe Lincoln's biography by February 12th, and celebrate by going to the Lincoln Museum on the same day (his birthday) to pay my respects.

2. Much like Sarah's, I want to learn to be a father "with arms wide open" (thank you Scott Stapp).
To be a loving, patient, giving, protecting parent and husband.

3. Tahoe in August!! Missouri in July?? Michigan regularly (get your bike ready dad)

4. Write 10 new songs. Be a more creative and thoughtful lead worshipper.

5. And what would new years resolutions be without an insane pledge for physical fitness which is unlikely to be followed, but... I would like to run in the Indianapolis 1/2 marathon this spring, and then form an exploratory committee to determine if the Chicago Marathon in October is a realistic goal. **BEN, I NEED A COACH**

6. And finally, I AM GOING TO WIN THIS YEAR'S NCAA TOURNAMENT POOL!!!! BRING IT!!!!!!

c-unitsdaddy said...

So like we had this convo on NEw Years around the table with everyone and mine were...

Gain 15 pounds (which is actually true)
and
Have a better sex life (not so serious).....maybe
Had everyone crackin' up

Anyways here are three more:
1. Be better listener
2. Be daily reminded of Rev. 2:4
3. Have family children devos with my wife and our ninos

paz
jefe

Bill said...

1. Read More
2. Take more risks
3. Do things that live beyond my life
4. See my grandchildren more (and children + wives)
5. Be content
6. Be a good friend