Monday, January 29, 2007

Glendora Sunrise


This morning as Harley and I stepped onto the front porch for our 6:45am walk before school, we were met by the above picture of divine radiance. I stood amazed, so much so that I left Harley on the sidewalk and grabbed my Canon to capture the moment. We walked and I pondered the beauty of God and felt honored that I met this beauty again this morning. Within minutes, it was over. The sun rose and the clouds faded into a glorious winter day (if you can call high 60s winter), and I thought of how God is often seen in quick snapshots. Sudden unexpected moments where his glory collides with our humanity and we are left somewhat paralyzed. I got the same feeling after the walk when I went back inside and spent a few seconds watching my Gracie Glory sleep next to her mom. And somehow these two snapshots are interconnected.


This morning as Harley and I stepped onto the front porch for our 6:45am walk before school, we were met by the above picture of neighborly pranks and chaos. I stood and marvled at the how thorough a TP job was done on our "interesting"' neighbors. Last night as I went out to pull the car around back one of the boys yelled out at me from the darkness, "DID YOU CATCH A GLIMPSE OF THE FELLAS THAT DID THIS?" He and the other boys were getting a good laugh and plotting how they'll get them back. I almost said, "I want in!" So, now we only wonder how long the TP will stay in the trees. If it's still there next week I'll post an updated picture.

1 comment:

wes gaines said...

Man whoever did that must've went to the Tony Broger school of pranks! Nice pics Jake.

My challenge to ole man winter did not go unnoticed, we just got clobbered with a snow storm! ha. So enjoy that so. cal winter!!