Monday, January 22, 2007

Blue Heaven

My ears are still ringing. That was the loudest, most exciting sporting event I've been to live. When Addai got in the endzone to take the lead the place went nuts, and yeah...I went nuts, almost hugged as many strangers as at the Tigers game. Anyways I've been diagnosed with Colts fever, for the first time in my life my team is in the Super Bowl, what a feeling. They're calling it the Midwest Matchup, and I'm dubbing Fort Wayne as Armageddon (read some good Fort Wayne journalism here); we're pretty much between Chicago and Indy, and I'd say we're 75% Colts 25% Bears. Anyways what that means is its game time!! Colts jacket on until the Super Bowl, and if any Bear fan talks trash to me they better be ready to throw down.

5 comments:

sarahjane said...

joel, i think that last comment might've been directed toward you.

Welcome. said...

Reply from David Jinkins...
First bet, if if the Baltimore Colts win (sorry they ran away from that city) Indy Colts win, I will eat a salad. When the Bears win, your wife eats a steak (by the way, did you notice that a law trial began today against PETA for cruelty to animals, it seems PETA has been taking dogs and cats from vets and killing them because they think that is humane). Second, put your "cash" where your mouth is. Bears win, tattoo on your kid's bottom of a bear, Indy wins, tattoo on my kids' bottoms of a horse. Third bet, if the Bears win, Gramie moves to Indy. And final bet that Anna will make, if Indy wins you get to keep your dogs, if either Indy or Chicago wins, you get our dogs, or maybe we will just call PETA.

sarahjane said...

keep my and my diet out of this

wes gaines said...

Dear David:
Were you involved in the court decision to allow Tank Johnson to violate his "house arrest" and travel to Miami?? I guess even the Illinois legal system knows the Bears are going to need a little help if they want to prevent a complete blow out in the big game. I'll take Peyton over "Bad Rex" any day, so the answer is yes to all your bets and i think Roger will look real nice with that Colt inked on his bum. 48-17 Colts. Tell Tank to leave his guns at home.

wes gaines said...

p.s. all the money in the world wouldn't pry Gramie away from laclede...

ain't no party like a laclede party cause the laclede party don't stop!!!