Thursday, April 27, 2006

The most important news you will ever hear from mt. pleasant

Well You all probably know by now, but i will blog it anyway. this only happens once or twice or five or six times in life. Shea is pregnant!!!!!!! That was me screaming. I am very excited. I have never had a bigger reality check in my entire life. I don't have pictures or anything, but I did go in to the OB with her. On May 11th we get to hear the heartbeat. My child is the size of a lentil bean right now, and his or her brain is forming. I also just read that his testes or her ovaries are forming. That's nice to know, huh? I never thought I would spend so much time on pregnancy websites in my life, but I am often caught looking by my co-workers. the Lampi-Gaines family is soon to go from Caleb to Caleb times 4. Talk about exponential growth. I can't believe I am going to be a dad. In the words of Joey Lawrence "WOW!"

6 comments:

Andrew said...

Whoa!

Congrats Esteban y Shea!!!!

lena jo said...

We heard the great news while in New Orleans. I was surprised to say the least. I hope Shea is feeling better each day.
Keeping that little lentil bean in my prayers,
Congratualations!

Abigail said...

I too am thrilled for you two. What a gift! I agree with my wife that you will both be wonderful parents cause you gotta lot of love to give. Hey, if we both have boys, we'll be one away from rounding out that Gaines-Lampi starting five. We'll talk later about what HS we'll enroll all of them in. Country Day? Matter Dei? Gladstone?

I was trying to think of a comparable way to end this comment with a Joey Lawrence-esk line from an early 90's sitcom. All I could come up with is was in the words of Steve Urkle..."did I do that?" Way to go Steve!

c-unitsdaddy said...

Unbelievable. I stand amazed. When the Mt. P posse told us we literally jumped into our nasty pool and barfed our carne asadas. SOOOO STOKED! I pray for the three beautifully wonderfully made little buns in the oven, as well as their gorgeous mommies!

Advice for the two newcoming padres: These next incremental moments are "most excellent"..."matchless." Emotional...got to go. Luv 4 U

sarahjane said...

felicidades, guys! how exciting!

wes gaines said...

you worked it out dog!!

- Randy Jackson

way to go steve an shea