Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Broken Social Scene/Feist

images
images,
originally uploaded by andrewgaines.
It don't stop! The funny thing about Los Angeles is the plethora of music that passes through this town. And I've devised this clever little scheme of getting into every show for free. It's really amazing and it works everytime. Last night Broken Social Scene was in town with Feist at the Henry Fonda in Hollywood. Patrick and I rode our bikes down to the show parked out front and began the hussle. I got the first ticket within 3 minutes. Then Patrick got one soon after but we still had some more time so we decided to try for a few more just for fun. We ended up scoring two more tickets so we called up some friends and they ran down and met us out front. We ran into the show (after they searched my new fancy bag through and through) and weasled up to the front right as the show was beginning. The show ended up being a total blast. Feist is simply amazing and Broken Social Scene was so much fun, they had about 10 people in the band. Patrick and I got the crowd into it with our insane dance moves and the show didn't end until about 12:30. It was a long bike ride home. I've put some tracks down here for a listen. One from each band. Wes can you doctor these up. Ok, gotta go. Rolling Stones tonight!

Mushaboom
Stars and Sons

3 comments:

Welcome. said...

Totally jealous
Thanks for sharing the sound files.

My only moment of concert glory was scoring wristbands to gain access to the floor at the 311 concert in '98 - Hearnes Center.

Pictures with Audio A - close second

bravo andrew

wes gaines said...

lucky dog, Rolling Stones?? Keith, Mick...now let me fix those links...MOVE

Welcome. said...

Thanks wes for fixing andrew's tech ineptness ... Andrew

GET IT TOGETHER, MAN

You are the youngest (and should be the most tech prolific) - we only had atari growing up - you started with nintendo ... I think?

Now that I think of it ... you had an mp3 player long before any of us. I just got one two weeks ago --- weak.