Monday, June 11, 2007

Top Gun?

So Jeff calls me up today with the challenge to be his wingman in Brighton's July 4th Half Marathon. The problem being the run is three weeks away and besides a handful of mountain biking excursions, this dude has barely broken a sweat in the past few months, well all year...and into last year too. I went out for a test run tonight, and logged about 20 sluggish minutes. So I pose the following question to y'all...
Is Wes up to the task?
Yes. Jeff you can be my wingman anytime!
No. Wes your ego is writing checks your body can't cash!
Free polls from Pollhost.com


Those who vote yes, I need a three week plan to get me to thirteen miles. Any advice from the pros?

1 comment:

c-unitsdaddy said...

Hilarious! ...

I'm breakin' it down like this. You and I have been through it all, the ups (SITS, baptism, birth of first borns, wolverine Championship, etc.) and the downs (Florida, Mrs. Luck, Al Denson hat incident, JV bball, a Double date summer etc) and we've persevered.

I need you on July 4th. And DARFUR will be written on our chests. A Race to "RAISE" awareness. We will do this together, inhalers and all. And when we cross the finish line, we'll remember those same moments that framed our friendship. It will be EPIC.

ANd it will be for Norm, Mark Carrow Bill Gaines, Kevin McMahon and every other BULLDOG who calls their home...B-town.

And October....it will be the Detroit for a Darfur fundraiser.

Wes, will you be the one?