Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Year of Blogging

The family blog has now passed the one year mark, and there were over 480 posts in the first year, which is pretty amazing. Hopefully it has served its purpose, to keep us all in touch with eachother and allow us to share our thoughts, pictures, etc. Anyways, as usual, here are a few things I think you should check out:


Here are some pics from the Heartland, Indiana has the best sunsets in my opinion...
Colina is second

I've been reading Wendell Berry's latest essays "The Way of Ignorance". Wendell Berry is one of my few heros. I think he acts as a modern day "Old Testament prophet" like Amos or Isaiah who few hear and even fewer listen to, a "voice crying in the wilderness". Alright you get the point I like Wendell Berry. Here is an essay to download (The Burden of the Gospels) while reading this for the first time I actually got the chills. Alright, enough...

Here is an amazing story you HAVE to watch this video
it brought me to tears!!

Keep Blogging...

6 comments:

sarahjane said...

i just want you all to know that i witnessed those tears.

Andrew said...

you're on point wes

lena jo said...

Dry watching that video and not choking up! Thanks Wes

Bill said...

Tears are in my eyes. Wow

lena jo said...

I meant to say TRY watching that video and not choking up!

Abigail said...

I shared a tear with our 6th grade History teacher before school. I heard today on the news that Jason's family has already been approached by Disney and about 3 other production companies about a movie. See it fullscreen on cbsnews.com