Thursday, October 06, 2005

Takk

brussels
brussels,
originally uploaded by andrewgaines.
Last night was the epic Sigur Ros show at the Hollywood bowl. Jake and I were the Gaines representatives for this show sitting comfortably in the Terrace section under the stars. This band surprises me everytime I see them. They started off playing behind a curtain which was pulled away after the first song and then pulled back for their last song. They played a great mix of songs off of every album and the new songs they played were amazing. I don't really know what else to say other than it was a beautiful show and I wish you all could have been there.

6 comments:

Abigail said...

Takk was simply amazing...hard to describe in many ways unless you've seen Sigur Ros live. It's was ethereal and other worldly in many respects. I came straight from Astrocamp so perhaps that added to the whole cosmic effect. A beautiful warm evening at the Hollywood Bowl. What a show!

sarahjane said...

when wes first heard the album, there was a particular song that he said, "this is probably what you'll hear when you enter heaven." then we read a review in some secular magazine like Details or something that said the same thing.

hmmmm........

Andrew said...

what song was that?

It's true, and I don't want to sound cliche, but seeing them play does make you feel like you're in another world.

c-unitsdaddy said...

hearing your comments makes YOU GUYS sound like you had a good time (if you know what I mean)...and where can I get some of that stuff...j/k

I pulled sum of their stuff off Itunes....melodic heavenly verse. Even Ben Newman who NEVER HYPES anything called me after he bought the CD and said, "Jeff, get it now. It is IMPRESIONANTE."

LOL

sarahjane said...

maybe track 4? ask wesley to be sure though.

wes gaines said...

track 2 (Glósóli) Oh there you are St.Peter