Monday, July 16, 2007

More Important Tahoe Updates


While Gracie takes her mid-morning nap I thought I'd use my few free minutes to post some info including maps for all to print out. Only 3 weeks away and after watching the Celebrity Golf tournament on the shores of South Lake Tahoe yesterday, Abigail and I are both itching to head north! We're planning on getting to the cabin on Monday the 6th to get stuff set and ready for everyone. Since most everyone else is landing/arriving on Wednesday, Abigail has volunteered to prepare dinner for the cabin that night. There will definitely be a mountain/cabin theme to be sure! Here's some other important info:

1) How do I get to the cabin?
We're all coming from different directions with some from LA/OC and some from SF so I'll post a more general map here
and a more specific map here
It's basically one of only two cabins on Hupa Rd and it's the last cabin in the back. If you get lost in transit, call me at (626) 536-8014.

2) Pack and Plays for Kids
I've been able to secure 3-4 pack and plays for the kiddos to sleep/play in. I'll assume that Cash and Greyson will need one, and I heard that Eden will have his own since he'll be in SoCal earlier that week. If I'm wrong on any account, please let me know.

3) Appropriate Clothing

No, this is not a pre-S.I.T.S. talk about how moddest is hottest...Gracie's got a cute two piece that would have gotten her sent home. This is about the fact that you'll want to throw in a jacket or sweater, because even in August, the nights at 6,200ft have been known to get a little cool.

4) Bedding
If everyone could just throw in a set of sheets, that would probably help cut down on the amount of laundry we have to do on Sunday. There are plenty of blankets at the cabin we can use, but it'd be a good idea to thrown in a set of sheets. We'll check the pillow situation when we get up there and let everyone know what to pack. There are pillow, but I can't remember how many.

If you have other questions that I'm not thinking of, post it on this blog, as I'm sure I'm forgetting something. See you soon!

3 comments:

sarahjane said...

Yeah, I think we'll steal one of those pack-and-plays for the week, if that's all right. Thanks! Should we pack a queen-size set of sheets? Also, are we going to pair-up for meals ahead of time so that we can arrive in Tahoe recipes in hand?

Jake said...

Queen size sheets should work, and as far as meals go. What about the Gaines' taking Thurs night and Lampi's taking Saturaday night if in fact Friday night is a night out on the town?

Also, Wes or Steve...guitar or no guitar?

wes gaines said...

probably no guitar for me, so if you can sneak one in... i bet that vans getting tight though.