Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rebellion season comes to an end


Hercules
Originally uploaded by famousscientists.
Well, my first rugby season has come to an end with a loss to South Orange County in the first round of the playoffs yesterday. I come away from the season relatively unscathed and looking forward to building a bigger and better team for next year.

We finished the season with a 1-8 record, but in my opinion, we had more fun, carried more enthuthiasm and optimism to the pitch each week, setting an example for sportsmanship, pride and team.

We even got a nice write-up in this local magazine, check it out: http://www.frontierspublishing.com/mag/index.php?o=art&article=1334

After the game my coach asked me to move up a division for the next season to get the proper training and competition to become a better rugby player. I told him I was flattered, but I'm a Rebel for life. Mr. Falan would have been proud.

1 comment:

sarahjane said...

wow, denied a chance to play in the majors, huh? i'm impressed. cheers to a good season. by the way, what's your rugby name?