Tuesday, April 03, 2007

One Shining Moment: Cheers to our Wesley!


Well, part of my responsibility as the BOOKIE is not only to get the bets out, lay out the skinny, make the necessary calls, but also to give PROPS, the final report, and brake some kneecaps if our boy, WESLEY, DOESN'T GET PAID!

HAIL TO THE VICTOR! Congrats to Wes taking the annual G-L posse tourney challenge with the Gator victory last night. I am glad for you man; and I bet this feels good after the rookie NFL Fantasy season. I gots to give you props and proclaim you the SWAMI of Hoops at least until next year's tourney.

I'll confess, I can't wait. LOVED the action and drama. Here's how my take on the rest of us kinda:

Second Place: JAKE...ICE IN HIS VEINS man..you should have won with the Georgetown pick...They'll be back next year, as Champs.

Third Place: Me. nothing to say really. Blah. I was "all-in" with Memphis and got burned.

Fourth Place: Ben Brus. Amazing seeing he would have won if OSU could "pull a late Steve irwin" on the Gators last night. And he watched 0 ball during the season.

The rest of y'all finished respectfully and I was very scared of some of the runs by the women....Lena and ABs! Chispas!

Stormin' Norman, your day is coming, I know it. And that Maltby Gymnasium will bestow your paramount name someday.


Here's to Wes! the man of mystery, whose last year in Sports (including yesterday's opening day game TIGERS!!!) has been MAGICAL! He said it first:

"I'm in it to win it" Cash Daddy Gaines!

Pay Date: August in Tahoe! O WHAT A SUMMER!

Thanks for playing...any suggestions for next comp? or shall we wait till NFL season?

Jeff

2 comments:

Jake said...

My congrats go out to Wes as well for picking the final 2 and getting it right. The Gators seemed to hit every key shot when they needed it, while the Buckeyes went 4-23 from behind the arc and wasted Oden's best and last game in the scarlet and gray. I must say that I'm proud of how the Gaines' and Lampi's got back on top this year. I know I ruffled some feathers last year, but sometimes in my role as eldest statesman, I have to call out the boys and see if they don't respond. Well, respond they did with the gold, silver, and bronze all going Gaines-Lampi. I give it up to Brus though for bringing it strong, and to my wife for finishing top 5 for her second consecutive year. It seems that Abigail will be a yearly force to be reckoned with. Thanks to all for playing. I say we cover Wes' round of golf at 6,300 ft in Lake Tahoe (The Gaines-Lampi Invitational). Let's ante up fellas. I know with Jeff on Wes' bag, we all catch a break. My prediction...somehow Steve will win!

As for next year's NCAA run...you gotta give strong consideration to USC. They're returning everyone who made the Sweet-16 run and they're brining it the top recruit in the nation, O.J. Mayo, who is amazing if he stays out of jail. I'm sure he'll have no temptations going to school in South Central. I think Florida will empty into the pros along with Oden and Kevin Durant. OSU will go as far as Connely Jr. can take them. I think UCLA is in the Final Four again, especially if Afflalo stays and they're brining in the top big-man, Kevin Love, and that is what they lacked. I'll go out on a limb now and pick, UCLA, USC, Kansas, and UNC in the Final Four, with UM making it to the Sweet 16 with a new coach! Hoosier to the Elite-8, and the Sparty's downed by UNC again in the Sweet-16!

wes gaines said...

I want to thank the Academy...alright bad joke. It was a pretty safe bet picking the Gators to win it all, they win everything lately, its getting old. Anyways, yes my magical year in sports continued yesterday by going to the Tigers opening day game, After a shaky first inning they shut the Jays out until the 10th when Rodney blew-it, but it was fun anyways, the atmosphere was electric I think we can expect big things out the Tigers again, Sheffield hit a couple bombs barely foul that got everyone on their feet. Not to brag but our seats were in the Tigers Den behind the plate. What have I done to deserve this. (Cue Sarah gagging) Ha.