Monday, April 02, 2007

Los Angeles Storm

Check out this video of this storm that passed through Los Angeles last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i37xoevTo7I

The high winds made riding my bike a lot more difficult. The weather was been pretty bad this winter in Los Angeles with very little rainfall. Nobody knows if this is a direct effect of Global Warming but there was an interesting piece in the times today about how water is scarce in L.A., namely because all three of it's main water sources had a dry winter too. This hasn't happened in some time. Los Angeles imports most of it's water from outside sources. It's gonna be a long summer.

In other news, my rugby team won our first game ever (EVER!) and I scored a touchdown (my first ever) to give our team the lead. I did, however, hurt my knee and I can't walk right now. That's all sure to get better soon, though. But for now I'm taking it easy and I'll be getting some crutches tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too serious. Or else you'll all probably be hit up to donate to the 'Help Andy get an MRI' fund, which may birth the, 'Help Andy get surgery' foundation.

I hope all is well with everybody.

Do you think Jesus's disciples just thought he was playing an April Fools joke on them?

4 comments:

Jake said...

I was at the rugby match and saw not only the touchdown, but also the knee blowout after Andrew was having a pretty good game. I actually overheard some of the guys from the game before who were enjoying some suds and taking in the game make the following comment, "Hey that wing man's got skills," after Andrew had made a behind the back pass before going out of bounds. A proud moment for an older brother. Hope the knee heals quickly Andrew

Andrew said...

me too! i bought some crutches today, keeping an ice-pack close by and I'm feeling better alreday.

wes gaines said...

get well soon. i like the video, is it an Andy original?

Bill said...

It snowed here today.