Monday, March 19, 2007

Round 2 Update and Reflections


Well the Sweet 16 is set, and the leaderboard is tight once again this year with Abigail once again proving that she was not a one hit wonder last year. Dad (W. Gaines) has taken the overall lead, but Abigail is right behind and perhaps has better picks when it comes down to the Final Four. The politically charged Obama08 (Jeff) is bringing it strong this year, but Wes, mom, and my self are right behind. Don't count out B. Brus, Norm, or last year's champ D. Jinkins either because they are definitely not out of the running.

Once again, the Big 10 has proved just how weak they really are. If Justin Cage makes his second free throw, OSU is at home too along with EVERY OTHER BIG 10 TEAM! I picked Texas A&M to be in the Final Four because of the above Acie Law IV who is the most clutch shooter I've seen since MJ put on the Carolina Blue. If that guy has a shot to win it inside of 2 minutes, he doesn't miss. Look for a couple of the #1 teams to not make it to Atlanta. I'm picking Tenn over OSU, and USC over NC. Can't wait till Thurs!

3 comments:

wes gaines said...

I'm in it to win it. Hey the ACC is down to one team too. Missouri Valley is where its at.

c-unitsdaddy said...

I'll be honest. I thought I was out after Saturday's games...until Memphis unleashed the beast and Florida decided to play. I'll be honest, I am too thin with first round wins, so if any of my 4 final four teams goes down thurs-sun.....I'm out. But if they persevere....say na night, and I get paid...Tahoe style. TBA

wes gaines said...

Not to be the Big Ten apologist but here's how I break it down...

Illinois shouldn't have made the tournament but they almost took Va Tech down in the first round, we had two 9 seeds who both handled their first round opponents and then gave Florida and NC all they could handle, most experts didn't think IU would get out of the first round, and they smoked Gonzaga, and then took UCLA to the wire, OSU should've lost (and Oden should've been tagged with a flagrant foul, which would've lost the game for them) but they stepped up in OT and squashed Xavier and they could legitimately win it all, the only letdown was Wisconsin who tanked out in both games and weren't as good as everyone thought. There's my take, through rose tinted glasses.