Monday, March 26, 2007

Final Four Tourney Update


I must say I have very little reflections this week on the tournament because I was in Tijuana and Tecate this weekend with 43 students/parents and didn't even know who was in until Sunday afternoon. We had a wonderful 3 day trip and did a medical outreach with some Mexican doctors for about 400 people in a small village outside of Tecate. Lots of tacos, lots of Tostitos Salsa Verdes, and lots of sunburn. But I digress...

The Final Four are set....Ben Brus, Jacob Gaines, Norm Lampi, and Wes Gaines that is! The prophet amongst us this year is none other than Benny Brus who has gone 4 for 4 in picking this year's Final Four. He sits atop the leaderboard and with yours truly nipping at his heels, Stormin' Norman, and Wes right behind with 3 of 4. Here's how it looks like it'll shake out. Brus will take the title with an OSU victory. If UCLA wins it, the the title heads down I-96 to Rosemary Lane and Norm is the victor. Now if Flordia repeats, then it gets a bit more tricky. A Florida win against Gerogetown and the title goes West Coast style to G-dora, but a Florida win against OSU and I believe the Fort would take it. Now if if Georgetown wins, then I'm guessing it would go my way as well since Jeff and I are the only ones with G-town in the final game. Thus Obama08 would make a leap to 2nd or 3rd (respectable). Anyhow, should be a great weekend. Brackets aside, I'd like to see the Bruins bring it to back to SoCal. I simply can't pull for OSU due to UM ties and it seems fitting that Norm should win in a pool dedicated to him!

3 comments:

c-unitsdaddy said...

OSU please. They should have gone down second round and Memphis (crazy good!), my pick of the tourney should have already decided this one for us all. Whatever. Jake, I'm your Robin, Batman, I'm your Boaz, Ruth,....I will follow your lead.

Predicition: Georgetown will win....and my man who burns easy and sucks down GNC power shakes quicker than Caleb can name all of "thomas the tank engines" will take home the crown..I'll settle for second.....


Yo, I love my boy Wesser...but he had it out for me when his "best friend" from the Fort took home the Fantasy NFL title..

Benny Brus...dude didn't watch any games this year..that ain't right....plus we don't want to be totally shamed.

I LOVE MY DAD.

etc etc etc.....

If this doesn't happen....I'll be the first one to swim 100 yards out in Lake Tahoe..skins

c-unitsdaddy said...

"Georgetown will win" against OSU....then Florida will beat them for the title. Sorry for the mishap

wes gaines said...

I think I have this thing wrapped up! Yes, Norm is the sentimental favorite, but I'm buying into the irony that the Gators will crush the dreams of the Buckeyes yet again. Plus if UCLA wins we all have to sit through the countless shots of Bill Walton grinning in the crowd and i wouldn't wish that on anyone. Peace.