Thursday, March 08, 2007

ARE YOU READY FOR THE MADNESS???

WHAT IS UP!

Amidst the amorous anniversaries, insomianatic baby sympathies, artic freezes, and moments of birthday amnesia right.....emerges a favorite past time amongst the G-L posse. Steveo, you happy Bday on the 16th by the way. Lil prelim announcement not uncommon for me to pull out....

But.......it's MARCH MADNESS!!!!!! (I just heard Wes pump his fist, Sarah hearing the cash register Cha Ching, and Jacob slide on his Dukie sweater)
I'll make this short and sweet. Question/Answer Style pretending I know what you're thinking about our upcoming tournament between 2 highly competitive extended families.

First of all..

Q: Who is the bookie?
A: I am (period). Next question.

Q: Why for money?
A: Why not....Anyways I didn't get paid last time for winning...oh wait, my father-in-law cam through. So, I'm rolling over the 20 dollar winnings into this pot. We have about 16 or so immediate family players and at 2 bucks entry/person....that's oh yeah = well you can add. .....o yeah, and + 20 too from lat competition

Q: Can I play?
A: EVERBODY BETTER PARTICIPATE! Please! Invite close friends too (aka Brus') etc and inlaws!!!

Q: How do I play?
A: I'll blog the link soon (Sun or Mon) or email you (ESPN.go.com is the tourney manager)

Q: What should I do to get prepared?
A: You can go cold turkey into this and guess (good chance of winning prob) or do some research. During my first year of college at GVSU (isolated and depressed) I had some time to research....and won my floor's tourney. I dunno

Q: How do I pay up?
A: Tahoe we can pay up...or if the winner is not going....I guess just mail it to he/she???

Q: When does it start and end?
A: You can make your picks this Sunday night or Monday...but before games start Thursday....and track progress via any sports website. (CBS.com, espn.go.com)
It ends the first weekend in April I think

Q: Is Jeff this psycho?
A: Yes, but so is Wes....Jake...Steve....Ben.......whatever...you would to if you learned how to bet on horses...jk dogs...jk...I was close, but Steph put the brakes on her father and me in Fla.

Q: Are you in?
A: TBA


Awaiting SoTahoe and meeting Gracie when she turns 16,

Jeff

3 comments:

wes gaines said...

I'm in. Question is will the Dukies get in? I think they get in on name only they are the 8th best team in the ACC they should be packing for the NIT but they're Duke so they'll probably get a 4 seed. I'm just ranting, my hatred level for Duke is high after that Hansborough cheap shot.

Jake said...

Can't wait for this year's tourney. I've got some dark horse picks I'll be rolling out come Sunday night. Will UM make their first appearance in the Amaker era or not? If so, my advice...1st round loss. I saw them play UCLA, and watched the OSU collapse.

War Duke making an early exit (they got know Hurley or Reddick heart)
War the Big-10 saving face after last year
War "One Shining Moment" with teary eyes
War a Gaines-Lampi actually winning the pool for once!

Bill said...

Butler - Cinderella team