Saturday, February 17, 2007

Parenting- a fabled fairy tale delight of perfect babies sleeping all day long and leaving you with time to do whatever you want.


P1000698
Originally uploaded by stevelamps.
Hello all, thought I'd fill you on our recent encounter as parents. Everything is going well. Grey is what we like to call huskie at over 14lbs. He loves the food and seeing he isn't sleeping very well, he makes up for it by eating. Daddy is finding himself taking the late night shifts the past couple days to do some bonding, which can get pretty interesting. I have not perfected the concept of not moving a baby around just after they have eaten. It's almost a 100% chance he spits up on me everytime I hold him. I can't help it though, he is always wanting to move. His new thing is trying to sit up when in his car seat and getting frustrated because he is locked in. Oh yea, he's not sleeping because he has a condition I call permastuff. It is a constant stuffy nose with no relief during the day or night. It totally sucks. So shea and I went and bought 1300 square feet of wood flooring to get all allergenic crud out of the house. we will now change from scented soap to unscented and probably drop some cash for a vent cleaning. It's a good thing he's cute. He's upstairs as I write snorting away in his bed trying to fall asleep. Withiin the next 15 minutes he will cry uncontrolabley, Shea will eventually get him, and then he will want to eat. (Repeat steps one thru three ALL DAY LONG). We have now found the meaning why God says love is not self-seeking. Ladies and gents, for those of us with kids under 3, I will end with this, God bless and on those sleepless nights, know you are not alone. You have a friend in Midland. Grey is cute though. Love ya'll

Steve

4 comments:

wes gaines said...

Awesome Steve, can't wait to meet Grey next week, and looking forward to hanging out whilst we watched a Hoosier triumph in the Izzone. You're not alone, right now Cash has what we call "everything gives me gas" which also equals fussiness although Gripe Water hits the spot everytime, its our miracle drug. Hang in there. Love you guys.

Bill said...

Been there, done that: Now it's your turn to enjoy.

Jake said...

There was something kind of magical about 3-4 months. I think a lot of the early stuff gets worked out and they get the routine a little more. I will say that your son already outweighs my daughter who is about 13 1/2 lbs now. Must be those Michigan winters. Packin' it on I guess! Much love

sarahjane said...

we're stoked to meet grey next weekend and we're praying that he gets the hang of sleeping soon.