Thursday, July 20, 2006

Progress

Here's a little progress report from the fort. The above is Sarah at 19 weeks. She feels better but the combination of hot humid weather, work, school, carrying a baby etc...is wearing her out. In the words of her gramps, "you gotta give it to her, she's strong".

We're looking forward to the "west coast invasion" this august. I'll make an offer that anyone who wants to catch a Tigers game while they're out, I'm there. Surprise, surprise I got TIGER FEVER. Sarah's grandpa (a lifelong Tigers fan) and I watched the game last night against the White Sox, and when Craig Monroe hit that Grand Slam I nearly had another Mickelson moment (those unpredictable tear ducts). As I told Andrew, the Sox are the new Avalanche and Pierzynski is the new Claude Lemieux.

Our trip to Missouri over the 4th was memorable. Here are the highlights:

Jolene: "Eddie would just as soon slit a cow's throat and eat it right there."
Eddie's response: "I guarantee I would, it'd still be warm!"

Gramie to cafeteria workers: "This my son, grandson, and their wives...they're Yankees, I'm not." (turns around and walks away)

Honorable mention is Uncle Kurt explaining to Gramie the difference between "lucky" and "blessed"
Gramie's reponse: "what-eva!"

See y'all soon. Lots of love from the fort, and continued blessing and protection to Abigail, Sarah, and Shea.

No comments: