Monday, July 24, 2006

A new stage in Life for the Lampi's from Mt. Pleasant

Yesterday had to have been one of my favorite days this year. we had the whole family (stelter-lampi) in the beautiful Mountain that is known as Pleasant. At 10:00am the family was sitting front row at the final His House service for Steve. The music played the preacher spoke about our calling to be missionaries wherever we are (Always a good sermon) while also saying " How much fun can it be to go to a dome and hit golf balls." Ooops, he obviously forgot my father in law was there. I leaned in and told dad stelter, it's alright I like it too. he smiled and shrugged off the comment like the rock he is. By the way, his brother won a thirty thousand dollar car for hitting a whole in one at the Saginaw Country Club invitational two days ago. Yes, all Stelters are amazing golfers/Legends in Saginaw. I am proud to carry the tradition on with my 37 handicap. Anyway, back to church. As the last song played i could see a faint red dot in the back and a hand in the air videotaping the song. Guess Who? You got it, Jeff. He's always there to catch those unforgettable moments. Anyway, we celebrated Jen's brthday and hung out. We played some home run derby and ate some great cake. i finished the day by myself on the golf course in the late evening shooting out nine. That is my getaway, my sanctuary, just me and the ball working together (usually me working it far right off the tee and way over the green on my approach). As I walked the beautiful riverwood alongside the chippewa, i wished ya'll were there. i actually called ben, but no answer. Well, the sun set and as I drove my last shot down the fairway toward the big orange Sun fading into pink clouds, an end came to another chapter in life and a new began. I have a baby on the way, a new job, and I hit the ball in the middle of the fairway. Things seem to be looking up, hopefully the same won't be said for the golf score soon.

See you in East lansing Soon.

5 comments:

wes gaines said...

its a wonderful life, Steve, does it get any better?

c-unitsdaddy said...

Classic, bro.
By the Way to all ya'll who couldn't be there; I'll try to get a video clip of Steve's "Final Song" as His House Worship Pastor and the commentary that follows. I don't know what happened really; I was sitting in there aND THE pastor began praying for Shea and Steve and i started running to the car saying to myself, "One shining moment..." And that it was. In all seriousness, I am humbled by GOD when I see what has transpired in little shooter's life. If you have a chance, check out his news digs starting next Monday..."Messiah Lutheran Church in Midland, MI." Paz

c-unitsdaddy said...

Oh yeah...I was running to the car to get ....yiou guessed it..the Video Camera.


(Disclaimer: Thanks Wes and Steve for the rights to bootleg all these years...you'll get a kick-back when I get my first million.)

Andrew said...

are you leaving the Mt.?

take a deep breath. fill your lungs with the mountain air.

be careful on your descent.

Abigail said...

I felt like I was walking the 9th fairway with you my boy. Few leaders in ministry finish well, and it sounds like you went out with a bang. Well done on that season of life and I expect the next will be even sweeter. And if we happen to see you in EL in a few weeks, I challenge you to a race in the pool. I swam 50 laps today and am throwing off my reputation as a weak Gaines swimmer (Abigail still reminds me of my downfall as the anchor for the relay at B & B's wedding when I just about drowned and blew a 2 length lead). I challenge you to 4 lengths while I'll do 2 and may the best man win!