Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Vacation

It's that glorious time of year again...mid-June which for me and many other Gaines-Lampi teachers means summer vacation and none too soon. I've been kicking it so far sans Abigail who is on Day 10 in Bohol, one of the 7,107 islands that make up the Philippines. Click here for more info. Grace and I have been really missing her and can't wait for her return next Monday. From the text messages, brief phone calls and emails it sounds like she's had an amazing time and I'll let her blog about it with pics and such when she gets back. This extended daddy/daughter time has been nice after a long school year and we've been having lots of laughs and fun. She is amazingly witty and I'm so proud to be her dad.

So in honor of the rest of the summer I give you perhaps my favorite Andy Bernard monologue from The Office as he reflects on his summer vacation. The last line is the best!

2 comments:

sarahjane said...

I'm anxious to hear about Abigail's trip and glad that you and Grace are enjoying your time together. You're right, that last line IS the best!

debbie said...

Hope we have a better in the New England states than he did! Leaving July 1st for 2 weeks!