Friday, June 26, 2009

memories of michael

Michael Jackson was our Elvis, Beatles, etc., here are a few memories I have of him:

- I remember riding on the bus during kindergarten and when the bus would pass this store in downtown Brighton that had a poster of MJ in the window we would all go nuts!

- I remember being away at a soccer tournament with the Karabelskis. We were in the Jeep driving, when Brian started asking to go back to the hotel. Finally Mr. K turned around with the sternest look on his face and said, "Brian, All I want to do right now is drive this car and listen to Michael Jackson tapes!!"

-And of course there is the Halloween that I went around in blackface. Not so sure we would get away with that these days!


5 comments:

Jake said...

Yes, I remember when the Krausman (neighbor girls) got tickets at the Silverdome to see MJ live and I jealously rode my bike back down Wide Valley dreaming of new parachute pants and a red leather jacket.

And yes, we've all progressed and yet there's no way around it, Wes' halloween costume was all the range around Pine Valley Estates back in 1984, but it's still wrong!

lena jo said...

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! How can an MJ costume be wrong?? Isn't imitation the highest form of flattery?

Andrew said...

i remember the 'beat it' tape that was constantly played on wes' casio.

Bill said...

Wes, do you still have the MJ moves?

debbie said...

Hey...did any of you ever see Steve's imitation of Michael's moves??? We've got it on video!