Sunday, May 04, 2008

Remember my blue shorts?!



It's been a while since I've posted on this blog, and I feel funny writing a post asking for money, but what the hell, right?

I hope you're all well.

This has been an extremely fast paced year for me; I've learned a lot, had a fantastic time in the process, and if you've been around me in the last several months you've undoubtedly heard stories of my time on the pitch playing rugby with the LA Rebellion this season.

The Rebellion ended the year with a record of 5-3, with heads held high. Last year, our winning-est season in our 7 year history, we ended with a record of 1-9, if that adds a little more context. And to toot my own horn, I was awarded 'Man of the Match' in 4 out of 8 games and scored about 12 or 13 tries (touchdowns).

And now, we turn our attention to the Bingham Cup, an international rugby tournament taking place in Dublin, Ireland this June. This tournament promises to be an enormous amount of fun and a great flag planting opportunity for my team and I in the world of rugby.

And it's going to be expensive! And this is a moment of fund-raising humility where I ask YOU for some of your hard earned money. Whether it be $5 or $500 (thanks, *CENSORED* insert name of rich person here), any amount will help me out in this epic, international rugby adventure.

Tax deductible checks made out to the LA Rebellion may be sent to:

Andrew Gaines
1529 1/2 Rosalia Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027

Send me a little note with what you've been up to, as well.

Can't wait to tell you stories and maybe play some impromptu rugby on the beach shores at Lake Huron in August!

Until then/lovingly,

Andrew

1 comment:

c-unitsdaddy said...

Uncle Andrew,

Congrats! How narly! We'll send you some love soon. Good Luck

Caleb and Eden xo

See you in agosto